Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trip Report: Blue Mountains, Boston Bay, Kingston

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Re: Trip Report: Blue Mountains, Boston Bay, Kingston

Quote Originally Posted by agregory View Post
    Yay!!! I was so happy to see your wonderful report, photos and videos after I returned home to -24F in Bumb@clot Wisconsin! This a great trip report! Thanks for writing

I am so jealous you were in the Portland/Kingston/Blue Mountain area while I was in Negril. Not to complain about Negril, but I really want to get back to the eastern part of Jamaica again! We meet our east coast friends in Negril every year now, so it's tough to go to Jamaica and skip Negril.
    a) -24 degrees??????????? holy crap, that is cold!!!!!!!!!

b) couldn't you convince your east coast friends to switch it up? my brother in law is obsessed with going to negril because he likes the easiness of vacationing there, but my sister (who first went to negril in 1990) is bored. she showed him my trip report and now he wants me to sit them down and give them a walk-through of my entire trip so he can decide if maybe he wants to switch it up and do something similar.

and i'm glad you liked my long-azz trip report. i've never done one before!

i think we're going back to haiti in july (trying to wait out the political unrest)- i really wish there was a similar website/messageboard that i could post a trip report to.

User Info Menu

Great trip report, thanks! Did you happen to meet a nice French Canadian couple at Great Huts? Good friends, paranoid about their first trip to JA. Based on their personalities I suggested Port Antonio and Great Huts - they may have been checking in around when you were checking out...

Quote Originally Posted by mwenvlay View Post

b) couldn't you convince your east coast friends to switch it up? my brother in law is obsessed with going to negril because he likes the easiness of vacationing there, but my sister (who first went to negril in 1990) is bored. she showed him my trip report and now he wants me to sit them down and give them a walk-through of my entire trip so he can decide if maybe he wants to switch it up and do something similar.

and i'm glad you liked my long-azz trip report. i've never done one before!

i think we're going back to haiti in july (trying to wait out the political unrest)- i really wish there was a similar website/messageboard that i could post a trip report to.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Odinson View Post
    Great trip report, thanks! Did you happen to meet a nice French Canadian couple at Great Huts? Good friends, paranoid about their first trip to JA. Based on their personalities I suggested Port Antonio and Great Huts - they may have been checking in around when you were checking out...
    i didn't run into them, no. have you spoken to them? did they enjoy it? let me know what they say!!!

User Info Menu

I should be spending a few days next week with them in Baltimore. I told them to not wear green and go see the PNP rally - I'm a fan of Damion Crawford. I'll post their reactions.

i didn't run into them, no. have you spoken to them? did they enjoy it? let me know what they say!!!

User Info Menu

I should be spending a few days next week with them in Baltimore. I told them to not wear green and go see the PNP rally - I'm a fan of Damion Crawford. I'll post their reactions.
    lolololol. i'm pretty sure he's going to win.

we passed by the funeral of lynvale bloomfield on our way into town.

please don't forget to come bck and let me know what they thought of ja/porty/great huts.

i'm going to start on my trip report thoughts on great huts in a bit.

User Info Menu

hey!!!

how did your friends like jamaica/boston bay/great huts?????

come back and tell me, please!

User Info Menu

Yes! This weather is ridiculous! We could have added 3 days onto our trip by paying $0.63 each to change our flights and avoid this awful weather. But husband said "no, too much work to do at home" Obviously we would have had to pay to stay for those 3 days, but changing the flight for that little seemed like a no brainer to me. We were in Little Bay for our last few nights at a lovely villa with an awesome pool and no other guests on the property. I def could have stayed for 3 more days! Boo hoo. I joked with him that I could easily find a Jamaican to shack up with so he could go home alone to his work

Our east coast friends will not switch it up They have a great spot they go back to each year and aren't as interested in the exploring as I am. They're more into the "party" aspect of Negril, which I love too but I like to change it up. We have never stayed at the same hotel or rental more than once and we always change locations at least once. Husband likes the ease of Negril too, but he is always happy with other areas. I get bored going to the same place each year. We do travel to new places throughout the year too, but Jamaica is our winter getaway we just can't quit.

I hope you make it to Haiti and things settle down there. You should start a blog with your trip reports and send me the link! I'd love to read about your experiences in Haiti

User Info Menu

B I just finished reading your trip report. AMAZING JOB! I'm gonna read it again and watch all the videos sometime soon from home. Thank you for making my coffee a priority in your trip! I can't wait to taste it! I have been dissatisfied with the JBM we've brought home the past few trips. The one you got me looks legit! Well you certainly have inspired me to consider dragging V outta Negril next time we wanna go to Jamaica! And like you, I have already decided I want to travel only in LOW season from now on. It's just too crowded in High season and you know how we feel about that Love ya!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by agregory View Post
    Yes! This weather is ridiculous! We could have added 3 days onto our trip by paying $0.63 each to change our flights and avoid this awful weather. But husband said "no, too much work to do at home" Obviously we would have had to pay to stay for those 3 days, but changing the flight for that little seemed like a no brainer to me. We were in Little Bay for our last few nights at a lovely villa with an awesome pool and no other guests on the property. I def could have stayed for 3 more days! Boo hoo. I joked with him that I could easily find a Jamaican to shack up with so he could go home alone to his work

Our east coast friends will not switch it up They have a great spot they go back to each year and aren't as interested in the exploring as I am. They're more into the "party" aspect of Negril, which I love too but I like to change it up. We have never stayed at the same hotel or rental more than once and we always change locations at least once. Husband likes the ease of Negril too, but he is always happy with other areas. I get bored going to the same place each year. We do travel to new places throughout the year too, but Jamaica is our winter getaway we just can't quit.

I hope you make it to Haiti and things settle down there. You should start a blog with your trip reports and send me the link! I'd love to read about your experiences in Haiti
    oooh, how was whistling bird?????????????

and how was little bay?????????????

please give me details!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User Info Menu

oooh, how was whistling bird?????????????

and how was little bay?????????????

please give me details!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Whistling Bird was great! The location, beach and all of the staff are awesome! We ate more breakfasts and dinners onsite than we ever have on past trips and were very happy with the food there. The room was perfect for us, except it did not have a private balcony or patio. We stayed in one of the smaller rooms on the property, which has no private outdoor space. It really wasn't too big of a problem, but I love to sit outside in the early mornings and late evenings. I'm pretty sure it was at 100% capacity and it didn't ever seem crowded or busy. We actually both said we'd be back and I hope we are... Maybe in a larger room with a veranda if we can get a deal The water pressure is horrible however, which can be a deal breaker for others.

Little Bay was great! I came to the conclusion on this trip that I am a country girl in Jamaica and I could stay there always. I love being in a place with more goats than people. Smiling and saying hello to others without someone trying to sell or hustle us is so nice too. I feel calm and peaceful both when I'm walking along the road or sitting on the deck looking out at the sea. I felt the same way on previous stays in Billy's Bay and Long Bay in Portland. I sleep really well listening to the goats, chickens, dogs and the waves crashing.

I don't want to bomb your wonderful report with my Little Bay details, so maybe I'll get to putting up a small report of my own soon with pics. We stayed in Coral Cottage and LOVED it! We had our breakfasts and dinners prepared for us onsite by their cooks. Yum yum yum! Sooo good