Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Tipping Question

User Info Menu

Tipping Question

What would be the normal tipping protocol for each member of a staff of four for a Villa that costs about $5036? I have to tip Chef, Butter, Concierge, and Housekeeper. Granted we are not rich and can barely afford the Villa itself lol. But I want to be fair. I was thinking $200 US per person but we will pay in Jamaican. Thank you! BA

User Info Menu

Re: Tipping Question

BethAnn38,

Assuming you have the same four people working your entire stay and you are pleased with the service, $200 per person should be okay. This is usually paid in cash at the end of the stay.

If service is exceptional by all or any one individually, then you mighty want to consider a larger tip.

Enjoy,

VVHT aka Happy

User Info Menu

Re: Tipping Question

Quote Originally Posted by VVHT View Post
    BethAnn38,

Assuming you have the same four people working your entire stay and you are pleased with the service, $200 per person should be okay. This is usually paid in cash at the end of the stay.

If service is exceptional by all or any one individually, then you mighty want to consider a larger tip.

Enjoy,

VVHT aka Happy
    Thanks. I can go up to 250 each. We always pay at the end and in cash and local currency.