Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Cliff Hotel Question

User Info Menu

Cliff Hotel Question

Hi,

We are staying at Idle Awhile Beach. 2 Adults and our 8 year old.. We were excited that we could use the pool at Idle Awhile Cliff but have just found out that kids have to be 12 or older.

Outside of Ricks, are there any others we could go to and explore with an 8 year old? I am Ok with having lunch there first, if we would be allowed to hang out..

When she was 2 she went to Catcha and Rockhouse with us but just for dinner..

We would like to potentially make a day of it somewhere. or a couple of hours.

Thank you!

User Info Menu

Re: Cliff Hotel Question

Quote Originally Posted by Cd1523 View Post
    Hi,

We are staying at Idle Awhile Beach. 2 Adults and our 8 year old.. We were excited that we could use the pool at Idle Awhile Cliff but have just found out that kids have to be 12 or older.

Outside of Ricks, are there any others

we could go to and explore with an 8 year old? I am Ok with having lunch there first, if we would be allowed to hang out..

When she was 2 she went to Catcha and Rockhouse with us but just for dinner..

We would like to potentially make a day of it somewhere. or a couple of hours.

Thank you!
    Hi! I am traveling with my seven and nine year old little girls and we are staying at the Cliff hotel, which is next to Idle Awhile Cliffs. I had a hard time finding any properties on the cliffs that would allow children, but the Cliff Hotel is absolutely beautiful and does allow them and I?m sure you can go there for a few hours. If you go to their restaurant for lunch or something like that. When are you going to Negril?

Edited to add that we also used the pool at Xtabi with our kids which is on the Cliffs.
    Last edited by BethAnn38; 05-03-2024 at 12:53 PM.

User Info Menu

I'd double Xtabi. They have small caves the kids love to explore, low platforms to jump into the sea, and great food!

User Info Menu

Whatever became of the old Kaisers on the cliffs? That sure was a hot spot back in the day.

User Info Menu

Tensing Pen was accepting children on its property until recently when people started to complain about noise I believe. But you can reach out to them to inquire about visiting for a few hours. I do remember a ton of weed smoking there when Omar and I stayed there before kids. Not my cup of tea for young children to be around but unfortunately hard to avoid.

User Info Menu

Thank you for the replies, this is helpful! We are going in June. We are opposed to visiting Ricks but prefer to stay a little more low key so these options are helpful.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cd1523 View Post
    Thank you for the replies, this is helpful! We are going in June. We are opposed to visiting Ricks but prefer to stay a little more low key so these options are helpful.
    Ah well maybe we will run into each other and our kiddos can hang out lol. But I?m assuming you?re probably going before us. We go down on June 30.