Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516

Thread: Trip Report: Blue Mountains, Boston Bay, Kingston

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Re: Trip Report: Blue Mountains, Boston Bay, Kingston

this probably won't be of interest to most folks, but there may be a few who are curious about this...

this was my husband's 4th trip to jamaica. on our honeymoon we spent 4 days at strawberry hill and 10 days at xtabi. the other 3 trips were in negril with ti boss. husband wasn't crazy about negril, because the jamaicans there were kinda rude about him being haitian. he kept getting asked if he was a drug dealer and other dumb stuff. this didn't happen in irish town at strawberry hill, where he felt way more comfortable and like he was in a familiar environment.

the other night, after we'd been back about a week, i asked him if people in port antonio asked him if he was a drug dealer or other dumb stuff like that. he told me, "no. people there were much more..." he hesitated, trying to think of the correct adjective. "... civilized," we both said at the exact same time.

and he said he liked kingston, because he enjoyed talking with returning jamaicans at the hotel (which is always one of my favorite parts of my visits).

"you know, we had a really good trip."
    Last edited by mwenvlay; 11-13-2019 at 04:06 PM.

User Info Menu

Hey mwenvlay, How are you gonna livestream the Buju concert tonight?? Should be Epic!! I know that you've only been home 2 weeks but when you find the time can you please post a trip summery with whatever photos and video that you haven't yet dropped!! Thanks in advance!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by johng View Post
    Hey mwenvlay, How are you gonna livestream the Buju concert tonight?? Should be Epic!! I know that you've only been home 2 weeks but when you find the time can you please post a trip summery with whatever photos and video that you haven't yet dropped!! Thanks in advance!!
    i missed it!!!

i am coming down with the flu and have a crazy week at work ahead of me (i work in advertising and we're about to launch a new campaign and i'm working 11 hour days), so i went to bed last night at 9pm. i'mma try to catch as much of it as possible via youtube videos. cannot wait to see beres!

and re: my trip report- i totally thought i'd posted every single thing about my trip but realized i forgot to mention we stopped by the folly mansion in port antonio (no photos, boo)!

and i also forgot to post the two cute birthday mementos i got from great huts hotel folks and the server at terra nova!

birthday swans at great huts! the woman who made up my room also left me a really sweet birthday card!

day after my birthday @ terra nova hotel (taken by ti boss)

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

i found more photos i meant to upload!

these were taken at great huts's minuscule beach area!

rock throne

User Info Menu

and another video.

of rain!!!

User Info Menu

what a great trip report, thank you!
    you covered all the important stuff!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JitterBug View Post
    what a great trip report, thank you!
    you covered all the important stuff!
    thank you! so glad you liked it!

we have a friend from port au prince who's dying to go to ja with us, so i have a feeling we'll be doing a similar trip next summer or maybe next thanksgiving.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mwenvlay View Post
    thank you! so glad you liked it!

we have a friend from port au prince who's dying to go to ja with us, so i have a feeling we'll be doing a similar trip next summer or maybe next thanksgiving.
    rent a car next time, more freedom

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JitterBug View Post
    rent a car next time, more freedom
    my husband says he now feels comfortable enough to drive in ja next time we go- he wanted to get a lay of the land before he took the wheel himself.

the driving landscape in ja is exactly the same as in haiti (mountains, city, coastal, lot of blind spots, random animals, big trucks, crazy drivers, etc.) but the roads are a million times better. and you have to drive on the left. i think it's the "driving on the left" thing that made my husband want to be overly cautious.

i don't drive at all, so someone's gonna be driving me somewhere, regardless.