Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip Report: Blue Mountains, Boston Bay, Kingston

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Re: Trip Report: Blue Mountains, Boston Bay, Kingston

Quote Originally Posted by Ever72 View Post
    Great report. I feel like I'm there with you. I can't wait for that coffee. dude! Thanks. and Happy Birthday!!!!

you caught up on my trip report?????? it’s a bday miracle!!!!!!

User Info Menu

Love this report with the great pics and cool videos!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by msbaltimore View Post
    Love this report with the great pics and cool videos!

awwww, thank you!

User Info Menu

this is the little lounge bench placed in the shade, at the end of the pool

view over the edge

the rest of my birthday day was spent chilling in the royal lounge (videos of the lounge below)- husband went out twice and got food from the jerk center for us. i didn't have to lift a finger and was asleep by 9pm.

it was a perfect birtday day.
    Last edited by mwenvlay; 02-28-2019 at 10:32 AM.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

i spotted that party hut and figured i could roll over and see if they were selling rum.

so, i grabbed my cup, rolled over and asked (in ann obnoxious ny accent), "do you guys have rum?" this guy standing right next to where i rolled up said, "sure, we have rum. would you like some?"

me: "oh, you guys aren't vendors? you're just hanging?"

guy (in an east coast-ish accent): "yeah, it's my birthday and we're celebrating, but we can give you some rum!"

me: "are you from ny?"

guy: "philly."

me: "even better! but you're jamaican?"

guy: "yeah, i'm jamaican."

me: "i'm from brooklyn! growing up all my friends were jamaican, african, indian- that's how i wound up traveling so much!"

i pointed to the other guy he's with and asked if he's jamaican. first guy said no, that's his best friend and he's been trying to get him to come to ja with him for years.

me (to best friend): "you love it, right?"

best friend laughed and confirmed.

i then apologized for being a party crasher and they told me it's all good and gave me a huge shot of wray and nephew. one of the relatives (an older jamaican man) asked me if i needed any mixer and i explain that i'd actually been on the hunt for rum because i wanted to mix it with my soursop juice. birthday guy said to his friend, "yeah! remember that crazy fruit i showed you and said the juice is so good??? that's what she's talking about!" i told them i'd be happy to get my bottle, if they'd like to share with me and they gave the assent. so, i rolled back over to where ti boss and i had our set-up and got the bottle of soursop juice and the bottle of rum cream.
    Last edited by mwenvlay; 02-27-2019 at 03:19 PM.

User Info Menu

I am so loving your report and photos!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Thank you for taking the time to post...just LOVELY! OKAY back to reading!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sammyb View Post
    I am so loving your report and photos!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Thank you for taking the time to post...just LOVELY! OKAY back to reading!
    awwwwww, i'm so glad you like it! i know you're an old hand expert when it comes to porty.

i'm so happy i finally had a trip that i will remember and SO pleased that husband and son enjoyed themselves.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mwenvlay View Post
    awwwwww, i'm so glad you like it! i know you're an old hand expert when it comes to porty.

i'm so happy i finally had a trip that i will remember and SO pleased that husband and son enjoyed themselves.
    SOOOOOO happy to hear ALL went well!!!!!!!! This report and photos are medicine to my soul!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mwenvlay View Post
    i spotted that party hut and figured i could roll over and see if they were selling rum.

so, i grabbed my cup, rolled over and asked (in ann obnoxious ny accent), "do you guys have rum?" this guy standing right next to where i rolled up said, "sure, we have rum. would you like some?"

me: "oh, you guys aren't vendors? you're just hanging?"

guy (in an east coast-ish accent): "yeah, it's my birthday and we're celebrating, but we can give you some rum!"

me: "are you from ny?"

guy: "philly."

me: "even better! but you're jamaican?"

guy: "yeah, i'm jamaican."

me: "i'm from brooklyn! growing up all my friends were jamaican, african, indian- that's how i wound up traveling so much!"

i pointed to the other guy he's with and asked if he's jamaican. first guy said no, that's his best friend and he's been trying to get him to come to ja with him for years.

me (to best friend): "you love it, right?"

best friend laughed and confirmed.

i then apologized for being a party crasher and they told me it's all good and gave me a huge shot of wray and nephew. one of the relatives (an older jamaican man) asked me if i needed any mixer and i explain that i'd actually been on the hunt for rum because i wanted to mix it with my soursop juice. birthday guy said to his friend, "yeah! remember that crazy fruit i showed you and said the juice is so good??? that's what she's talking about!" i told them i'd be happy to get my bottle, if they'd like to share with me and they gave the assent. so, i rolled back over to where ti boss and i had our set-up and got the bottle of soursop juice and the bottle of rum cream.
    I love how you roll....love your vibe!