Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Trip Report: Blue Mountains, Boston Bay, Kingston

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Re: Trip Report: Blue Mountains, Boston Bay, Kingston

Quote Originally Posted by mwenvlay View Post
    here's the mortar and pestle (pilon) i bought from rock bottom to replace the cracked, soft wood one my husband bought in port au prince several years ago.

i placed it next to the salt container to show scale- it looked so miniature in the first photo.
    This is beautiful!

User Info Menu

GREAT report!!! and awesome photos! Very informative love the details. So I have considered Strawberry Hill for a long while. What are your thoughts of no a/c in August. I am an A/C girl and I know august is HOT and humid. Wondering if I can manage. Is it really that cool in the Blue Mtns?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sammyb View Post
    GREAT report!!! and awesome photos! Very informative love the details. So I have considered Strawberry Hill for a long while. What are your thoughts of no a/c in August. I am an A/C girl and I know august is HOT and humid. Wondering if I can manage. Is it really that cool in the Blue Mtns?
    i think you would be slightly warm during the day and would need to utilize the fan- but you would most likely not be in your room much during sunlight hours. it would most definitely be cool up there during the night.

i really love strawberry hill. it's a really special place. even if you only stay there once and then move on to something less expensive in the area it's worth the experience.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info on Strawberry Hill! New Orleans is a special city...so much history and culture. Didn't realize how "strange" we were until I moved away. Love being strange lol! Thanks again for a very insightful report and such a good review of Warren. He and his brother work hard to do a good job.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sammyb View Post
    This is beautiful!
    isn't it?

it's iron wood, which means it's extra-extra hard wood. should last forever.

User Info Menu

Yay!!! I was so happy to see your wonderful report, photos and videos after I returned home to -24F in Bumb@clot Wisconsin! This a great trip report! Thanks for writing

I am so jealous you were in the Portland/Kingston/Blue Mountain area while I was in Negril. Not to complain about Negril, but I really want to get back to the eastern part of Jamaica again! We meet our east coast friends in Negril every year now, so it's tough to go to Jamaica and skip Negril.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by agregory View Post
    Yay!!! I was so happy to see your wonderful report, photos and videos after I returned home to -24F in Bumb@clot Wisconsin! This a great trip report! Thanks for writing

I am so jealous you were in the Portland/Kingston/Blue Mountain area while I was in Negril. Not to complain about Negril, but I really want to get back to the eastern part of Jamaica again! We meet our east coast friends in Negril every year now, so it's tough to go to Jamaica and skip Negril.
    a) -24 degrees??????????? holy crap, that is cold!!!!!!!!!

b) couldn't you convince your east coast friends to switch it up? my brother in law is obsessed with going to negril because he likes the easiness of vacationing there, but my sister (who first went to negril in 1990) is bored. she showed him my trip report and now he wants me to sit them down and give them a walk-through of my entire trip so he can decide if maybe he wants to switch it up and do something similar.

and i'm glad you liked my long-azz trip report. i've never done one before!

i think we're going back to haiti in july (trying to wait out the political unrest)- i really wish there was a similar website/messageboard that i could post a trip report to.

User Info Menu

Great trip report, thanks! Did you happen to meet a nice French Canadian couple at Great Huts? Good friends, paranoid about their first trip to JA. Based on their personalities I suggested Port Antonio and Great Huts - they may have been checking in around when you were checking out...

a) -24 degrees??????????? holy crap, that is cold!!!!!!!!!

b) couldn't you convince your east coast friends to switch it up? my brother in law is obsessed with going to negril because he likes the easiness of vacationing there, but my sister (who first went to negril in 1990) is bored. she showed him my trip report and now he wants me to sit them down and give them a walk-through of my entire trip so he can decide if maybe he wants to switch it up and do something similar.

and i'm glad you liked my long-azz trip report. i've never done one before!

i think we're going back to haiti in july (trying to wait out the political unrest)- i really wish there was a similar website/messageboard that i could post a trip report to.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Odinson View Post
    Great trip report, thanks! Did you happen to meet a nice French Canadian couple at Great Huts? Good friends, paranoid about their first trip to JA. Based on their personalities I suggested Port Antonio and Great Huts - they may have been checking in around when you were checking out...
    i didn't run into them, no. have you spoken to them? did they enjoy it? let me know what they say!!!

User Info Menu

I should be spending a few days next week with them in Baltimore. I told them to not wear green and go see the PNP rally - I'm a fan of Damion Crawford. I'll post their reactions.

i didn't run into them, no. have you spoken to them? did they enjoy it? let me know what they say!!!